VR // MOBILE VR. GETTING BACK TO BASICS
VR is hot. Very. From gaming to travel and everything between. So let's get our heads around it in the 'simplest' way possible. Particularly for branded mobile VR. Arguably the current the promised land for brands from every sector, with global players like Nesafe, NY time, Tommy Hilfiger, Kinder and Marriott already blazing the trail.
1. A brand mobile VR experience (or story) is created using photography, video or 3D content to bring a script to life. Audio can be recorded live or added later.
2. Once the content has been created, it’s run through the usual post-edit, and then developed and packaged into an App using the VR technology.
3. That App is then marketed, and downloaded by your customers, onto their smartphones.
4. In its basic version, the content can then be enjoyed on the devices full screen, using finger movement to explore the content in 360.
But for the real Virtual experience, the smart phone is placed into a mobile VR viewer, like Google Cardboard or ARworks Glance VR Viewer. That then takes your customers into virtual interactive worlds they’d never dreamed of.
5. The VR content always plays on the screen of the smartphone, with the VR viewer creating the 360 immersive experience, changing and turning as the user moves their head, making them feel as if they are actually in the scene.
And that’s it. You write and create your VR brand story or experience; process it in a VR app, download it to a smartphone and then view it through a VR viewer.
Sound simple enough? But like using all new technology, the devil is in the planning and creativity. Make sure you connect the dots between the story you want to tell, and unique, relevant benefits of delivering it through VR.